Gottlieb's Adult Day Center is designed to meet the needs of an aging population. Committed to providing high quality person-centered care for older adults with physical, psychosocial or mental impairments, the Center provides clients with the assistance and supervision they need during the day, so they can continue living at home.
Our staff realizes that while we care for clients during the day, family members take on that responsibility the remainder of the time. With that in mind, we not only serve our clients, but their caregivers as well by providing respite from the daily care of a loved one.
The staff works with clients and caregivers to provide social, recreational and healthy activities in a group setting. The overall goal is to maintain or restore each client's optimal level of functioning. In the process, most clients reap the emotional rewards of interaction with their peers and the friendships that result.
Our clients include individuals:
- With memory loss, disorientation or depression as related to Alzheimer's disease or dementia
- Who are isolated and in need of a social setting that provides supervision and structure while their caregivers are at work or in need of respite
- With functional limitations who require hands-on assistance with tasks such as walking or personal care
Gottlieb’s Adult Day Center staff includes:
- Registered nurse, who monitors each client’s health and administers medication.
- Recreational therapist, who plans outings and leads the group in quality activities including social groups, exercise sessions and crafts
- Program aides, who assist with personal care, arts and crafts, and exercise sessions
- Social worker services are also available
Activities and Services
- Recreational activities
- Arts and crafts
- Music programs
- Discussion/reminiscing groups
- Exercise sessions
- Active games
- Pet therapy
- Outings and special events
- Inter-generational Activities
- Health monitoring
- Medication supervision
- Assistance with personal care
Learn more about the Adult Day Center enrollment process.
- Adult Day Center hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Full-day clients get a morning snack, hearty lunch and afternoon snack. Half-day participants get lunch and one snack.
- Transportation via the Gottlieb Bus Service and also the local Pace bus is available (within certain boundaries).
- Financial assistance is available for those who qualify through the Illinois Department on Aging’s Community Care Program.
If anyone is interested in participating in an intergenerational program with the seniors at Adult Day, contact director Jill Nelson at (708) 681-7700.