One week prior to surgery:
- Do not give your child any aspirin, ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) or naproxyn (Aleve) products, for one week prior to surgery.
- Acetominophen products (Tylenol) may be given.
The day before surgery:
- Contact your child's physician/surgeon regarding taking a.m. medications on the day of surgery.
- If your child is ill, please contact your surgeon.
- Do not give your child anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery, unless otherwise instructed.
- Call Same-Day Surgery (708-450-4928) before 4 p.m. on the day before your appointment to confirm the time of your child's surgery.
The day of surgery:
- At least one parent must accompany the child to the same-day area and remain in the hospital at all times. Please do not bring other children to the hospital.
- You may bring your child's favorite toy or blanket to the hospital; it may accompany the child to surgery.
- Check in at the registration desk, just inside the hospital's main entrance. You will be escorted to Same-Day Surgery.
- Before surgery, an anesthesiologist will speak with you and your child. After surgery, your child's surgeon will talk to you.
If you have any other questions, call Same-Day Surgery at (708) 450-4928.