The Loyola University Medical Center (LUMC) Administrative Fellowship is a one-year program structured to develop the leadership skills of future health-care administrators. The program promotes learning and application of practical skills in operations, strategy and front-line management to prepare fellows for leadership careers in the academic health-care environment. The competency-based curriculum is tiered to provide a broad educational experience in the first three months and front-line operational experience in a chosen area during the last nine. The LUMC fellowship offers the unique opportunity to work closely with administrative and clinical leaders in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Loyola University Medical Center administrators and physicians are dedicated to the development and education of future health-care executives. This team will convey the complexities of the academic health-care environment and provide opportunities at all levels to develop leadership skills.
Learn the System
Departmental rotations, high-level project ownership and executive meeting attendance with Loyola University Hospital and the health system, directly reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Loyola University Medical Center.
Change the System
Departmental, interest- specific leadership opportunity. Fellow will choose area of interest and spend time dedicated to development within the specific area. Fellows will be given the opportunity to choose from department proposals to determine opportunities.
Qualified candidates must have, or will have, completed a Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA), Business Administration (MBA), Public Health (MPH) or equivalent from a graduate program between 2012 and July 2013. Programs must be accredited from one of the following accrediting bodies: Commission of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), Council of Education for Public Health (CEPH), Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). A minimum of one year related health-care experience is preferred.
- Application Deadline: We must receive all your materials by Oct. 5, 2012
- Preliminary Phone Interviews: Week of Oct. 8, 2012
- On-Site Interviews: Week of November 5, 2012
- Selection Announcement: Late November 2012
Please submit the following materials in one packet:
- Cover letter
- Personal statement including fellowship goals, career objectives and interest in academic medicine. (800 words or less)
- Writing sample, essay or research paper where you are the sole author
- PowerPoint presentation from graduate work
- Three letters of recommendation in a sealed and signed envelope, including one from your program director
- Official graduate transcript and undergraduate transcripts
Please mail complete application packet to:
Loyola University Medical Center
Office of Administrative Fellows
2160 S. First Ave. #104-1312A
Maywood, IL 60153