MELROSE PARK, IL – The auxiliary and medical staff of Gottlieb Memorial Hospital have awarded $1,000 scholarships to 10 graduating high school seniors and five college students who plan to pursue a career in medicine. Two additional scholarships were awarded by Dilip Patel, MD, and his wife, Krishna Patel, MD, who both practice medicine at Gottlieb.
The scholarships were presented to the students at a Gottlieb Auxiliary Board meeting on Thursday, July 20. The organization, in conjunction with the Gottlieb medical staff, have been awarding scholarships for more than 25 years to incoming or current college students.
"The Gottlieb Auxiliary Committee and medical staff are pleased to be able to continue a tradition of supporting future medical professionals," Gottlieb Auxiliary president Jan Morgan said. "We had another excellent group of recipients this year."
The winning scholarship students are:
High School Scholarships
- Kinga Obrzut, East Leyden High School (Nursing)
- Natalia Skop, Fenton High School (Nursing)
- Rosmund Lin, Proviso East High School (Nursing)
- Katarzyna Skwiot, Elmwood Park High School (Nursing)
- Lessly Salas, West Leyden High School (Nursing)
- Savannah Martinez, Trinity High School (Human Physiology)
- Dgyona Raphy, Proviso West High School (Biomedical Engineering)
- Alexa Adams, Fenwick High School (Nursing)
- Conor Johnson, Oak Park-River Forest High School (Biological Sciences)
- Riya Desai, East Leyden High School (Biomedical Engineering)
- Mahmooda Ali, Proviso West High School (Biomedical Engineering)
- Angelica Charukiewicz, Benedictine University (Nursing RN-BSN)
- Kyle Zielinski, University of Wisconsin-Madison (Pre-Med)
- Angelica Michalak, Dominican University (Nursing)
- Jasmine Dobbs, Northern Illinois University (Nursing)
- Claribel Delatorre, Benedictine University (Nursing RN-BSN)
- Lauren Alexander, St. Xavier (Nursing)