- Leaders in Comprehensive Eye Care
Gottlieb Hospital's vision specialists are nationally recognized for their collaborative, evidence-based approach to treating a broad range of eye conditions and diseases. From laser vision correction to eye surgery, our professionals deliver outstanding results.
Ophthalmology (eye surgery)
Gottlieb Memorial Hospital is known for offering the latest advancements in eye surgeries and is a leader in cataract extractions and lens implants. More than a dozen ophthalmologists are on staff at Gottlieb, including those specializing in cornea, retina and pediatric ophthalmology. Gottlieb is one of the leading hospitals for eye surgeries in west suburban Chicago.
Gottlieb offers endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation (ECP), a laser procedure used during cataract surgery that lowers eye pressure and halts the progression of glaucoma. Gottlieb also offers micro-invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS), a procedure that uses an interocular stent to lower eye pressure during cataract extraction. Cataract patients are offered a full range of intraocular lens implants, including toric lenses, to correct astigmatism, and multifocal lenses, which provide clear vision at various distances.
- Nonsurgical treatment of glaucoma, vision correction or other conditions.
- We also offer the latest and most reliable diagnostics, including:
- Fluorescein angiograph
- Corneal topography
- Visual field analysis
- Nerve fiber layer analysis
- Retinal photography
Eye conditions treated at Gottlieb include:
- Blocked eye duct
- Cancers of the eyelid
- Detached or torn retina
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Low vision
- Macular degeneration
- Pterygium (scar tissue on the surface of the eye)
- Retinal bleeding
- Uveitis (eye inflammation)
- Vision rehabilitation
Treatments and Procedures
Among the many eye surgeries and treatments available at Gottlieb are:
- Argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) (for retinal bleeding)
- Balloon dilations of blocked eye duct
- Basal cell carcinoma removal
- C02 laser removal of lid masses
- Dacryocystorhinostyomy (DCR)
- Endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation (ECP)
- Lacrimal system probing of blocked eye duct
- Micro-invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS)
- Scar tissue removal from eye surface (pterygium)
- Strabismus surgery (to correct crossed or misaligned eyes)
- Laser treatments of droopy eyelids, bags around the eyelids and eyelids that roll in or out.