Comprehensive Childbirth Education Class for Expectant Parents
Loyola Medicine knows that a couple who is well-prepared for the arrival of their new baby will have an easier time with the delivery and transition to parenthood. With this in mind, Loyola offers a childbirth preparation class that explores the labor and delivery experience. The class will cover relaxation, concentration and breathing techniques that will help you through the labor process.
This class is taught by a certified childbirth educator and covers the following topics:
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Effective pushing techniques
- Good nutrition and safe exercises
- Internal and external methods of monitoring your baby during labor
- Medical interventions your doctor may use, including Cesarean section
- Methods of relieving labor pain
- Physical and emotional changes during pregnancy
- Recognition and timing of contractions
- Signs, symptoms and stages of labor
- Tips on adjusting to the challenges of caring for an infant
- Use of massage
This class includes videos on vaginal and Cesarean section deliveries, as well as a tour of the labor and delivery rooms. The class is recommended during the last trimester of pregnancy. The fee for the class is $80, which includes the cost of a childbirth preparation book.
For more information or to register for this class, please call 708-216-4300.